Tuesday, September 22 is Nationwide Voter Registration Day. What does that imply? There’s solely 13 days left to register so you may share your voice and assist form the way forward for your group.
The Normal Election (a.okay.a the Presidential Election) is slated for Nov. 3, however that you must register by Oct. 27. Whether or not you’re already registered to vote, otherwise you nonetheless have to, we’re right here with some vital information and dates that will help you keep on prime of your civic responsibility.
How can I vote within the Normal Election?
- Register to vote on or earlier than the October 5 deadline. The earlier the higher.
- Check your voter registration. Even in case you assume you’re good, examine. Ensure you’re registered at your *present* tackle.
- Sign up for the Everlasting Early Voting Record (PEVL) earlier than Oct. 23 if you wish to vote early or by mail.
It may be arduous to recollect all of the vital deadlines and dates for the election, so right here’s a helpful record:
- August 2: First day to request a one-time ballot-by-mail for the Normal Election
- October 5: Voter registration deadline
- October 7: First day for counties to mail ballots to voters and first day of in-person early voting
- October 23: Final day to request a ballot-by-mail or join PEVL
- October 27: Final day to mail your poll (do it sooner in case you can). When you can’t mail your poll by Oct. 27, you must return it to any voting location or safe ballot-drop field in your county by 7 p.m. on Election Day.
- November 3: Election Day. All ballots have to be acquired by 7 p.m. So long as you’re in line by 7 p.m. you may nonetheless vote.
The place to forged your vote
Voting Facilities in or close to Downtown Phoenix (click on for instructions)
As a result of COVID-19, the CDC recommends voting early and/or by mail if potential. Nonetheless, if you need to vote in particular person, Maricopa County Elections has strict social distancing precautions in place to make sure the protection of voters and polling volunteers.
The place do I vote?
You’ll be able to vote in particular person at any voting middle. Go to the Maricopa County Elections to remain up to date on voting facilities and poll drop field websites.
Do I have to carry an ID?
YES. If voting in particular person, you’ll want to indicate a sound type of ID.
Can I drop off a poll for my pal or member of the family?
Solely you, a member of the family, a family member or a chosen caregiver can drop off your poll.
When will I get my early poll and when ought to I ship it out?
Early ballots shall be mailed out Oct. 7 in Maricopa County. You should return your poll by mail no later than Oct. 27.
What if I don’t make the deadline to return mail?
Drop off your poll at a polling middle or poll drop field. Don’t fear: You don’t have to face in line.
How do I do know if my poll has been counted?