The Metropolis of Phoenix not too long ago unveiled a brand new course of for making a temporary outdoor patio, permitting bars and eating places to raised accommodate prospects, whereas concurrently assembly social distancing necessities. By means of this system, the Metropolis is issuing an “Emergency Declaration Outside Eating Administrative Non permanent Use Allow” (ATUP) at no charge.
To get this allow, take a look at our straightforward tip sheet under. Are you a downtown enterprise and need assistance with the appliance? E mail Sara Scoville-Weaver with Downtown Phoenix Partnership at [email protected] or name 602-744-6408.
Want a brief out of doors patio with a fence and/or the flexibility to serve alcohol outdoors? Observe the method under and reference town’s predominant data web page HERE.
- Ensure that your property proprietor is okay with it. Get written consent stating that they’re the proprietor or are approving on behalf of the proprietor. Additionally make sure that the letter consists of what they’re agreeing to. For instance, “I, the proprietor, agree to permit a brief fence and 6 tables and 12 chairs in entrance of my enterprise positioned at 123 E. Maple Avenue.”
- In case you are creating the patio on a downtown sidewalk, on-street parking area or in an alley you have to to submit a Revocable Allow type earlier than and along with the out of doors eating software. Apply HERE.
- Fill out the out of doors eating software type (ATUP) HERE and embrace the next with the shape:
- A easy sketch (doesn’t have to be fancy – hand drawn is ok) displaying what number of tables and chairs you propose to have outdoors and the place you fence can be.
- Ensure you embrace the enterprise identify and deal with on the plan.
- Write your complete proposed occupancy on the plan. For instance, “20 folks.” Bear in mind to stick to COVID-19 distancing guidelines.
- Write what kind of fencing you might be utilizing and describe it. For instance, “white, plastic non permanent fencing panels measuring 6 ft large by four ft tall.” Try accepted non permanent fencing choices
- Bust out the measuring tape. You’ll want to embrace dimensions on the location plan sketch displaying the width and size of your patio. Bear in mind, pedestrians nonetheless must get by on the sidewalk if you’re placing the patio in entrance of your small business. Ensure you go away a minimum of 4 ft of area between the curb and your supposed patio fence so folks can nonetheless stroll by.
- Use Google Maps to create a fast aerial view of your small business. Use Phrase or Paint to attract a field round the place on the sidewalk or floor you’ll have the patio.
- If you wish to serve alcohol, additionally embrace THIS type after you’ve gotten submitted it to DLLC.
- Package deal every little thing collectively and electronic mail to [email protected]
Want a brief out of doors patio and not using a fence and/or don’t want to serve alcohol outdoors?
You may nonetheless create extra eating with simply tables and chairs that you just carry inside each night after closing. Observe the method under.
- Fill out the ATUP software HERE – solely web page 3.
- Create a easy drawing or sketch (doesn’t have to be fancy – hand drawn is ok) displaying what number of tables and chairs you propose to have outdoors. Ensure you embrace the enterprise identify and deal with on the plan. Additionally write “No fence supposed” on the paper. Bear in mind, pedestrians nonetheless must get by on the sidewalk. Ensure you go away a minimum of 4 ft of area between the curb and your tables and chairs so folks can nonetheless stroll by simply.
- Use Google Maps to create a fast aerial view of your small business. Use Phrase or Paint to attract a field round the place on the sidewalk or floor you’ll have the tables and chairs.
- E mail to [email protected]